Desperate to get back into a corporate job?
It could well be an eternal test of your patience and determination. You must have heard these static responses like “Your resume is very good madam. But we have a hiring freeze for now”
For all the gender inclusiveness that our companies talk about, it’s challenging for women to get back into part-time or full time corporate jobs after a sabbatical or a maternity break.
The good news is there is help at hand coming from none other than women human resource professionals.
A few enterprising women professionals own and run executive search firms that help women get corporate or flexi-jobs. We compiled a list of such firms for you.
1. Jobsforher.com: A Bangalore based firm started by an entrepreneur, a human resource expert and a digital marketing expert. You can search for jobs based on your requirement (freelance, part time, full time) or as per the industry. Reach out to them: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. flexicareersindia.com: Based in Chennai, this firm is an offshoot of Avtar Career Creators, a consultancy started by Ms. Saundarya Rajesh. Apart from job offers, it provides platform for corporate leadership workshops. Reach out to them: email@example.com
3. Sheroes.in: An early entrant in the business, it is founded by Sairee Chahal. The firm offers all kind of job openings across cities. It also conducts community meet ups for career guidance and mentoring. It has an online forum to for career advice as well. Reach out to them: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Back to the front: It is an offshoot of Rize @ People Konnect Pvt Ltd started in 2013 by Anjali Gulati. Back to the front is the special initiative aimed at mentoring, coaching, developing leadership skills, finding career opportunities through career fairs, mentoring sessions for women. Reach out to them :email@example.com
5. Work From Home Divas India Group:Though it’s a facebook group started by Deepa Govind and Jessie D Souza, the two enterprising work from home moms, but if you are serious about working from home, you might just get some good advice and opportunities if you are part of this group. Reach out to them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/workathomedivasindia/
6. Koffeeplace.com: As an online community for women professionals, it offers job opportunities across categories and career tips. Reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Reboot.net.in: Started by Anupama Kapoor, an HR and gender diversity professional who started BEANStalk, a talent advisory firm. Reboot network is a corporate social responsibility initiative of BEANStalk. Reach out to them at email@example.com
You can also browse through companies’ websites as some of them have internship and training programs for returning women. Tata Group’s second career internship program and Godrej Industries Careers 2.0 are few examples.
If none of these firms list your dream job, don’t blame your Gruhini ! Just be consistent and persistent in your chase! You will get there someday.
There is no personal bias in this listing. In the past author has been featured on back to the front’s blog and has written for sheroes.in.