2. Plan ahead and Say “No” More Often
This is what guides Khyati Dharamsi’s work from home schedule. Being a freelance journalist, deadlines are always looming over her head. That’s why this mom of a four year old girl plans everything ahead and earns herself 5 productive work hours and ample time for outdoor play in evenings. Same is with Jessie D Souza, who plans her weekly menu on Sunday and shops for it on Monday.
Mean planning is a mostly a Western concept, but if you plan to start working from home soon then you ought to spend less time in the kitchen and more time in planning, I guess.
Khyati’s Productivity Tip:
1. Make meal plans over the weekend so that you can shop for groceries over the weekend itself. A planned menu helps in controlling frequent eat-outs as well.
2. Shop online much in advance of birthday parties or social engagements to avoid a last minute rush for gifts.
3. Learn to say No whether it is get together during the middle of the week or it’s about going out with friends
4. Split the household chores between two maids so that you have one to rely on.